Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pink & Gold Wedding Cake

The very talented Alyssia Newton Baird with Alyssia B Photography styled and photographed this mock wedding along with Brooke Bakken Photography. I was thrilled to be a part of it. I'm so in love with these images that she sent to me. Now, there are three different techniques that I have used in this cake. A rustic look is on the bottom tier, a rosette technique is on the middle tier and the top tier was done in fondant. I love that in cake decorating, we can mix all these different styles together. It ended up having a super modern but super soft feel to it. I love this color palate that is starting to trend right now as well. I think it's kinda magical. ;)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I came across your blog because a friend of mine loves this pink and gold cake and would like me to attempt to make one like it! Would you be willing to share with me how you make the bottom cake gold? Thanks.

I am enjoying browsing your blog. Your creations are beautiful!