Today we are talking RUFFLES!! This cake is so versatile depending on how you dress it up. Here is the tutorial!!
P.S. Here is the link to the most AMAZING rolling pins that I used on the show! You will never see a higher quality and more beautiful rolling pin! They are the only rolling pin that I will ever use and they are heirloom quality pieces that can be handed down from generation to generation. I got a custom rolling pin with BEEHIVE handles!! Eeek! I heart the Beehive State. :) hubcitywoodcraft.com
Here's a quick shot of the pins on the set with me:
K, back to the tutorial:
Here's what you need:
I LOVE this set by Wilton. I used the ball tool for this technique but I'm really excited about the cutting tool that has the needle tool on the end for Sugar Cookie Decorating!!
1. Prep your surface with cornstarch.
2. Roll out your fondant. Seriously, my favorite rolling pin will get it to the thickness that you need! CLICK HERE for some rolling pin eye candy!
3. Make sure it's really thin!
4. Cut out your large circle out:
5. Now cut your small circle out. Just eye-ball it. ;)
6. Make sure to keep them in a ziplock bag until you are ready to use them.
Start at the top!
Keep layering until THIS happens. ;)