Thursday, May 7, 2009

Meet Paco...


So I finally gave in to Jacob's pleadings to get a puppy... (sigh). Jacob loves dogs so ever since we FINALLY put in a fence (hallelujah!) Jacob's been on the prowl for a dog. We found this little guy on KSL.com for FREE! and just couldn't pass him up. His previous owners paid quite a bit for him so he was quite the deal. He's the perfect size! We've had large dogs before and they were just SO much work-hence the reason that I have not wanted another dog. I didn't realize that small dogs were SO different! And now that we took up all of our carpet and put in concrete floors, I don't stress as much about having a dog in the house. We are currently training him to not step foot on any piece of carpet (in the bedrooms) or rug in the house. :)This little thing is a 15 month old Chihuahua mix (we think mixed with terrier so he's quite a bit bigger and longer than a Chihuahua) and he is so sweet and animated and playful. He's just about fully housebroken and kennel trained. He is very submissive. Anytime he thinks he's in trouble he immediately shows his belly to show that he knows you are the boss. The previous owner's took him through puppy preschool so he comes when you call him and sits when you tell him. He's great with the kids and they just LOVE having a puppy. I'm just excited that now I have a running partner! I forced Jacob to get him some "Bling". He said that boy dogs don't need bling but I insisted and since I have such a wonderful husband, you will notice his pretty sparkly collar. :)

6 comments:

everyday katie said...

There really is something so fun about getting a new dog.

That being said...I'm ready to kick mine to the curb.

Veronica and Johnnie said...

He is so cute! I want to get a puppy but we have to wait until we are out of the apartment. Did you name him Paco or was that his name with the previous owner?

Violet said...

He is so cute. I love the name (I actually had a student named that.)

As cute as he is, I still don't want any animals in my house. Tom and I are on the same page with this one but I'm sure Benjamin won't be someday. :0)We will just have to come to your house so he can play with a dog.

Emily said...

Aww! He's totally cute! I love his "bling"!

That's really nice that he was taken care of and trained before you got him! Looks like he'll be a fun furry addition to your family!

Erin said...

What a cutie! I love our big old puppy! They just bring something unique to the family.

Krislynn said...

I fell off the blog wagon, but I am back! Cute dog....I'll have to come over and meet him in person!